Friday, February 1, 2008

SCOUSER IN KENT; THE DOG'S BLOG

Friday, February 1
Ye gods, is it a month since my last blog?
Yep, it's me again, Tilly-Mint.
My human has been monopolising the computer sending e-mails out to everyone promoting her latest book. Wouldn't let me near it (the computer, I mean, not the book... though, that too, I suppose).
Then when she did leave the machine - and me - to go off chatting to the media, I seized my opportunity, galloped upstairs and into the room where she keeps the computer. All excited, I leaped up onto her desk and logged in. Then, waddya know... I forgot my password. How stupid is that?
After much head and bottom-scratching I decided I wasn't going to let a blooming machine beat me. So I got myself a new password. It's a really filthy one. A word known only to dogs, so my human wouldn't understand it even if she did ever come across it. But that's not going to happen because she'll never get to know it, right?
She's out again this morning and doesn't even know I'm hammering away here at the keyboard. Us dogs are far more clever than you humans think. Or should that be 'we dogs..?' Never was any good at grammar. Takes me all my time to spell. But then what do you expect? We don't spend years and years sitting at a school desk. Street cred, that's what we have. It makes us much more savvy. And I can tell you one thing for sure. I've been round the block a few times so I know.
Yeah, right, maybe animals can't write books like you two-legged clever clogs, though some do. Remember the Downing Street cat... and Roy Hattersley's Buster? Now there's one dog I'd really like to meet. Maybe one day...
Oh no, I think I can hear melady's key in the door. So I'll have to log off and take up my position at the bottom of the stairs, eyes shut, pretending to have been asleep all the time she was out. Gotta dash. See you later. Byeeee

No comments: